What is an Infrared Sauna?
An infrared sauna is a type of sauna that uses light to create heat. It does this by sending out infrared light waves to promote heat in the body. And in doing so, it helps you to sweat and release stored toxins. The infrared sauna doesn’t actually warm up the air around you so you won’t get too hot or come out feeling like you’re about to faint! The light waves penetrate your skin so your body heats up that way instead. Traditional saunas do the complete opposite. They heat up the air around you, which then heats up your body – this is not good for you and can often lead to overheating.
Each session takes between 30 – 45 minutes and you will leave feeling totally relaxed.
You can use an infrared sauna as much or as little as you like. If you’re doing a detox or cleanse, then you might want to use it 2 to 3 times per week (or more), but if it’s just for general health, it might be once a week or once per month.
Why is our Infrared Sauna so good?
The infrared sauna that you will find at eatfitlive health is a Sunlighten mPulse Aspire. What this means is that it is top quality and it uses the latest 3-in-1 technology that you won’t find in other infrared saunas. It has 3 individual heaters, which can be controlled via a touchscreen panel inside the sauna, so you can select which option is going to best suit your needs. You can choose from near, mid or far infrared and each of these settings target specific health goals.
- Far-infrared works by increasing your core temperature so it’s great for detoxification and reducing blood pressure and cholesterol. It also helps to get the body into a relaxed state.
- Mid-infrared is more for weight loss, pain relief and enhancing your blood circulation.
- Near-infrared works on the body at cell level. It helps to regenerate cells so it’s fantastic for wound healing, purifying your skin and improving your complexion
What are the health benefits of using an Infrared Sauna?
- Promotes a deep sense of relaxation as the heat helps to relax muscles and ease tension.
- Reduces stress levels by lowering the body’s main stress hormone, cortisol.
- Cleanses the body and aids detoxification through sweating. When using an infrared sauna, you can clear up to 7 times more toxins than when using a traditional sauna.
- Clearer, brighter skin! The heat from the sauna helps promote detoxification through the pores of your skin and it also improves circulation so that more nutrients can get through your skin.
- Offers pain relief from achey muscles and joint pain associated with arthritis. It helps to reduce inflammation, increase circulation and relax your muscles.
- It helps you lose weight! It does this by increasing your core temperature so that you go into fat burning mode. Going in the sauna is like going for a 15 minute run, but without feeling exhausted at the end of it!
- Improves cardiovascular function by stimulating blood flow and reducing inflammation so it’s great for those with heart arrhythmias, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- Helps the body to heal by promoting cell regeneration.
To book a session today:Click Here